Friday, August 6, 2010

small update

I took a small break from online poker because i just couldn't win anymore. I lost 1 day out of 32 days playing in Vegas which was obviously the tits, but since returning home, i've done nothing but lose. I've come out of 30k downers before, but this recent downswing is 52k which is a huge chunk of my bankroll. Part of it is my mistake by moving up when I'm stuck, but I've run absolutely the worst of my life losing every flip and every 80/20 or 70/30 doesn't matter. It's just sick as we poker players say.

Florida live poker is finally in full effect though. I've been to daytona 3 times since they raised the limits and booked wins on all 3 sessions....although nothing huge, wins are wins and it's paid out in cash which is of course nice as well.

I'm excited for September as Borgata is putting on another series that runs for about 2 weeks and included several deep stacks events, a 2k HU event and then the 3500 main event. I really need a big score to get back on track. FTOPS has also started, but I can't remember the last time I cashed a FTP tourney, I probably won't play many of them outside of the 500 HU.

The wife and I are still trying for a baby and actually paid for some fertility treatments so we'll know on Tuesday if it worked. They are 1k each month and it's a 20% chance it works and 4% chance for multiples. I just want one for now k thx. I'm getting up there closing in on 30 years old pretty fast, so I guess play time is coming to an end and family time is the next step in life.

No comments: