Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cash games/Donkaments

Shipping it, cash games/donkaments

I was reading back in my blogs and told myself that I play worse when I have cash games and tournaments up at the same time and I should really just play one or the other. Monday night I played only cash games, 6 tabled some small stuff 1/2 and made like 300.00 in 3 hours or so which was nice. Tuesday night, the wife and I had some plans, so I just played a short session of (4) 33.00 turbo SNGs and (2) 55.00 turbo SNGs, I cashed 5 of 6 for a nice profit of 240.00 in about 45 minutes, then just shut her down because I didn't feel like playing anymore. I've gotten a lot better at not shutting it down when I feel close to tilt or walking away or playing bad or any other reason to donk off money. I really want to build my bankroll up to move up and I think concentrating on solely cash games will allow me to skyrocket it. I'm killing the 6 max games lately and it's really boosting my confidence that I can beat a bigger game.

2 comments:

FreddyJames said...

You're right marc, cash and tourneys, whilst similar games, do take different modes of thinking and it can be difficult to play both at the same time.

As for the MTT's, don't give up just yet is my advice, play enough and I for one am sure you will be shipping a big one soon!

Keep it up buddy.

FJ

Vikesfan353 said...

Yup, cash and mtt's kill me too!! Don't give up on mtt's though! Just play the sunday majors, and stay away from the cash while your in them!!
Dude your so do for a major SHIP!
Keep Grinding
Vikes