Wednesday, July 16, 2008

back from vegas

ran okay, but had a ton of interesting hands that i'll post later on. I played the venetian 330.00 and 540.00 deep stacks tourneys, but didn't cash in either. In the 540.00 Robert Varkoni was to my left for like 4 hours and it was cool talking to him about poker and stuff.

I played a lot of 2/5 and 5/10NL. I got stacked in a bad hand at Bellagio when a fish opened for 40, another fish made it 120.00 and I made it 400.00 with JJ and called off the rest vs KK and QQ and didn't get there. lol so i reloaded 1K and built it into over 4K then 3 barrel bluffed a fish 150, 300, 700 on the river and he called with one pair :( and it was good. booo and ended the session even after 15 hours. so gay...

I also played the 5/10NL uncapped game at Venetian. Most stacks were around 1500 or so that's what i bought in for. I built it into 3K when I rivered the bottom straight vs. a rivered set that I should have shoved, but I pussied out and lost out on another 700 or so. boo. Kenna James sat and played the game for a bit donked off like 600, whined about how card dead he is and how his life sucks then left... I made a prop bet with my roommate that I could turn 300 into 1000.00 at 1/2NL the last night we were there within 4 hours. at 2.5 hours in I was at 860.00 but took the nastiest cooler I've taken in a while when I shoved AA on a K855A board and he phil hellmuthed me into the pot with quad 5s obv. lol

Everyone sucks at poker in vegas though. The quote of the trip was jason playing 2/5 uncapped at the Wynn when he shoved a 2353 board and the guy ships it so fast saying "top pair and nut flush draw, what you got?" and jason's like "all the 3s" lol my bro fell out of his chair laughing cause it was like 400-500 more that the guy just lit on fire.

oh well, will have more stories later... oh yeah, we connected through Washington Dullus on the way back to Florida and we made it, but our luggage is stuck in Washington. what a beat imo...

No comments: