Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 1 - Disappointing

I played for like 4 hours yesterday and it was a bit disappointing. I had a good feeling about the 40K on FT, so I bought in to that (163.00) and also played the 50K on Bodog (55.00). I was chip leader for the first 3 hours of the Full Tilt tourney, then the wheels fell off. With around 70 players left of the original 350 or so, blinds were 250/500 w/ante I raised with AcJh to 1500 and mig.com called from the CO. The flop came J high and I doubled him up when he showed QQ. I should have just folded the flop to him, but oh well. After that I lost a race with AhJh vs. pkt 66 and could really recover. With 40 left, I was moved to the sickest table ever with mig.com, annette15 and SamENole, 3 of the top ranked tourney players on the net. It folded to me on the button and I shoved 8/6off. Anette reshoved from the SB and the BB shoved too. Annette had 99 and the BB had AQ. The flop was 8 6 2, then Annette types, "9 ball me" and boom, 9 on the turn. I swear some people are just luckier than others when it comes to tournaments. I bubbled out 3 short of the money, but I went out fighting and I guess that's all that matters. Cash games were pretty jokish on FT as well. I had KK vs. 9/10 all in on a QJx flop, turn K, TY for the 6 outer and I miss my redraw which is obv. standard when you are running bad. I battled it back to even though which was nice. The 50K on Bodog didn't go all that well either. In the 3rd hour the blinds got pretty high and I was pretty card dead the whole tourney. I ended up shoving Q/10 and lost to AJ, but there's nothing you can do about that. I played one 30.00 heads up tourney and won that.

Results from Day 1: Bodog Tournaments -55.00, Cash games +350.00, Full Tilt Tournaments -163.00, Cash games - Even
Heads up 30 + 1.50, 1-0

No comments: