Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Finally a winning session

Well, I finally had a winning session. It's not much, but hey it's a start. I started at 7 p.m. last night and entered the 109.00 12K on Bodog and the 22K 75.00 on FT. After accumulating a lot of chips in the Bodog 12K, I ended up pushing JJ into AA and finished 8th for a measly 312.00. I bubbled out in the 22K. I feel I played great in both tournaments though. I played some cash games on the side though. I'm still playing full ring which certainly reduces variance a bit. I played one hand really bad where I stacked off with JJ vs. AA after he just called called called all the way preflop, flop, turn and shoved the river and I thought he was on a busted draw, but I was wrong. I give him credit though for playing it tricky. I ended +500.00 on Bodog and -200.00 on Full Tilt, so +300.00 in 4 hours of play. I'm obviously still below the initial 10K start up fund, but at least (for one day) I'm moving in the right direction.

I'm trying to plan a Vegas trip for May 24th - 28th. One last hurray before the big wedding day. The players there are so unbelieveably bad. I'd probably bring 3K-5K with me and play 2/5NL and maybe splash at 5/10NL if I ran decent. I think I play pretty well live. I don't give off tells (that I know of) but can pick up other people's tells and can read hands fairly well. There's certainly always room for improvement however.

I'll probably put in some hands tonight and maybe another donkament.

Initial Investment - $10,000.00
Running Total - $8745.00

No comments: