Monday, December 3, 2007

just give up

poker is such a joke sometimes and I really hate when people think they are so awesome, but they are actually in fact really bad and are put in God mode hitting sets and flushes and straights. I started the weekend out nicely booking a 1500.00 win Saturday, but Sunday morning I was playing this fish who loves to shove draws and get his money in super bad like 30/70, etc... I mean, it's a good strategy when you're playing against someone on scared money because you create a ton of fold equity against those weak opponents, but it's a horrible strategy when you play against someone like me who is never scared to put the chips in the middle. Well, after hitting probably 3 30/70s in a row, I quit him as you can't play well against opponents like that, especially when they start smack talking you to put you on tilt thinking they are so damn awesome, but really they are running God mode and sucking out all over the place. Then I took 3 coolers back to back for 400 each. 78 on a 785 board and he has 55. 79 and the board is 810J and he has Q9, wtf? 64 and the board is 357 and he has 68. cmon now. I ended up dropping around 2300.00 back after my 1500.00 up so of course I end the weekend down during this wonderful Christmas season that is approaching. I haven't played a tourney in a few weeks, so maybe I'll try that avenue again. 41 straight non-cashes on Full tilt for over 4K in buyins, maybe I'm due....

No comments: