Saturday, March 21, 2009

hopefully i was wrong

After the disasterous -11.6K day, I actually woke up feeling okay about myself and put in a nice +4600 session before lunch time Friday. I took the wife to lunch like an nice husband should do and grinded some more and ended the day +7712.00 which felt awesome. We went out for some beers and watched some terrible kareoke and I called it a night. The Daytona Dog Track about an hour away has a wsop qualifer going on so the wife went to my sister's baby shower and I headed up there. f my life as the wsop qualifer is actually tomorrow, but they did have a 225.00 MTT that I was halfway excited about. Unfortunately it only drew like 35 entrants, so I said f that and played some super exciting 5/10NL 100 max florida poker. I quickly get stuck 450 mover style, but play pretty solid and run my 5th 100.00 buyin into like 550 so I'm unstuck. There were a few interesting hands against this habitual fish bluffer that I'd like to share because they are too awesome not too. You have to understand it's 100 MAX buyin, so you have to buy through a few hundos to get a stack going. Anyway, 2 limp to me, I make it 50 with QQ on the button and the fish calls who has like 250 or so. Flop is K23 and he checks and I check it back. Turn 10 and he bets 25.00 into 120.00 lol, I call. River a harmless 7 and he ships it for like 150. I ask him wtf he is doing and he says I want you to fold. (obviously he acts strong which means weak especially for fish) and I snap when he opens his mouth and he's like "you got a pair?" I say yes and he shows A4dd for busted everything and I win that pot florida style. He rebuys for another 100.00 and builds it up to like 300 when this hand occurs. Stacks are a little deeper (not nearly as deep as they should be for normal 5/10 but still.... some donk minraises to 20, the fish calls, I pop to 80.00 with AdKh from the button and both call. Flop is 8h 6d 2c. They both check to me and I decide to check it back. Turn 7h. check, the fish bets 44.00??? wtf so I peel one off obv. and the opener folds. River is a 5h which is a pretty shitty card. Final board is 8h 6d 2c 7h 5h. The dude snap ships for like 165.00 or so. I think for a while and I do have the Kh in my hand. i decide to call with ace high and he's like "do you got a pair?" and I say no and he's like Queen high and shows QJ and I'm think to mysef, "im the greatest" and show ace high and the whole table is like hevad khan style saying it's the best call they've ever seen blah blah blah. Anyway, I run pretty good and stack some more 100.00 stacks and cash out 1785.00 being in for 450.00 for a nice 1335.00 profit at 100 max florida poker lol. So after thinking it was going to take me a month to get 11.6K back that I lost, I'm 9K back already! woot!

2 comments:

Randy said...

Holla! Definitely gonna be in town when you come to Vancouver btw so let me know if you wanna hook up.

Gugel said...

Dude, reading one huge paragraph puts me on monkey tilt.