Monday, March 30, 2009

update

haven't posted much lately. I haven't really played a whole lot lately either. Been out and about a lot either playing live or golfing or softball or taekwondo. I went to the Daytona dog track again a few days ago and was in for 400.00 before finally getting it together and building a nice stack at 5/10 100 max florida style.

There was a hand where one dude limps, i make it 50.00 with 1200.00 behind with black aces and the other big stack who has like 650 flats me. Flop is Jc 8d 4d, I bet 80.00 and he open ships it on me. lol. I hem and haw a little and convince myself he has AJdd and of course he shows me top set, but I river the Ad pokerstars style and ship the pot. He took it pretty well though and I got really lucky. Anyway, I build a monster 100 max stack to 2700 in 6 hours before busting out of there to meet the wife for dinner. Still haven't had a losing live session at 5/10 live 100 max which is nice.

I've been trying to keep better records lately of stats and stuff and how much I win and lose each day because that's what the cpa says to do since I will be claiming pro this year. I still haven't finished this year's taxes yet, but the cpa says I can claim hobby winnings for poker since I had a real job for half the year.

March has been pretty good. I'm up 4400 in live play and another 18.2K online. I've stayed away from tourneys as well with the exception of some of the HU ones and the million.

Only 2 months until we are on a ship leaving Vancouver to go to Anchorage. We are super excited about it because we'll be gone for 2 whole weeks. We just got confirmation on our whale watching excursion to where they guarantee that you see whales and orcas and all sorts of wildlife. I bought a new video camera the other day just for the trip and I'll be sure to post all the pics on facebook when we get back. I usually post some interesting hands, but I honestly don't have any. I just bluffed like 1500 to some douchebag on UB, so I better get back to another session to recover the funds I just lost.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Fck florida 100 max, I heard their changing it though, fingers crossed! Keep up stacking the fishes mover, all the mother f'n chips!!