Sunday, June 13, 2010

Live from Vegas

It's been a frustrating start to the WSOP for me this year. It's my first year playing an almost full schedule of events. I have one cash so far in a 1500.00 and then I cashed the 1600 at Venetian, but overall I'm down 14k on the trip. We just moved into our house yesterday and all the guys are really cool and easy to get along with. Most of us went out to XS night club at Encore. I'm the senior of the group at 29 as most of them are 23-25, plus i'm the only married one (well jason is pretty much married) so I guess I have to keep my fatherly eye on them to keep them in order. It's okay though.... I'm not a huge fan of nightclubs. They are overpriced for entrance, overpriced for drinks and it's so crowded just bumping into people.... it's really not my thing, plus I grew out of that stage of life a while ago.

We got our office set up though and I ran awful today, but played people worse than I ran so had a good day yesterday and today clearing 10k. I withdrew money before the series to buy into events, so it's nice to recover the bankroll a bit. It's hard being away from the wife (and the dog) but she's coming out next week which I'm super excited for. I'm so fortunate to have a supportive and understanding wife. She loved me when I had 100.00 to my name and always tells me that she'd live in a cardboard box with me if that's what it took. You can't beat that. I plan on playing a few more events but still haven't locked up my 10k main event seat yet. Hopefully that comes soon. I'll try to keep this updated throughout the series.

Mover

No comments: