Monday, August 13, 2007

Best month of my life so far + new toys :o)

I'm playing great and the results are awesome. Running good and running bad is such a world of difference. Even though I told myself I wasn't going to do it, I put some money back on Stars and final tabled the Daily 50K 1078 people. I finished 9th, but still felt great about my play and only got the money in bad one time. I finished 17th of 411 in the 109.00 also for a few more bucks profit and took down the Bodog 12K for 3600.00 as well. I played 5 tourneys over 100.00 buy in and cashed them all. Was pretty sweet run and bankroll booster. This is of course on top of the sick 14K cash I had last weekend. I was hoping to run back to that final table, but it wasn't meant to be as I ran QQ into AA and AK in the 2nd hour. Flop was QKJ, but running diamonds sent my chips to the AA. Oh well. The Stars 215.00 Million was a joke. Got it in with 99 on a 987 flop, vs. 10 5off WTF!! and obv Stars bails him out. 322.00 mil on Full Tilt, JJ < 6/9s obv after he calls my 3 bet preflop. Ridiculous. Basically busted out of 800.00 worth of tourneys within 1 hour. Pretty gross. I played some 2/4NL on Bodog and crushed it pretty good. First time I played 2/4 on Bodog since my horrible downswing on there months ago. I bought a new poker book Professional No Limit from twoplustwo.com It has some good concepts on shorthanded which I really need to improve on.

I'm up 21.7K this month which is so sick after being stuck around 4.5K last month. This game is so swingy!! My wife and I went and saw Bourne Ultimatum yesterday afternoon. Man, the movies are a rip off these days. I'm certainly not cheap, but c'mon a soda and some nachos are $10.50??? Movie was pretty good though. I def. recommend seeing it. We also got our guest room finished finally with curtains/cable and a new bedroom suite. Also stopped by Best Buy to check out some flat screens for our bedroom. We have this little dinky 19" TV in there sitting dresser. She wanted a small flatscreen to possibly hang on the wall, so of course we (well me) rings up the 40" Flatty. lol Ship the TV. We had a $500.00 gift card from our wedding left over so it really wasn't too bad on the wallet. Well, that's about it. Hope the success continues so we can buy more awesome toys.

No comments: