Thursday, August 9, 2007

FTOPS and the 55K

FTOPS is Full Tilt Online Poker Series which is a group of tournaments that Full Tilt puts on for like 2 weeks that have HUGE prize pools. Last night was Event 1 - 200+16 500K Guaranteed hosted by Phil Gordon. It had 4165 entrants making the prize pool 833K. jeez. I busted in the 2nd hour somewhere though after getting pushed only 1 small pot and this monkey calling my river all in bluff with 2nd pair. I was running well in the Bodog 40K 200+15 but bubbled when I turned 2 pair vs. a flopped flush. Obv his A4 > A9. meh. f that. I busted the 55K as well, so basically I spent 594.00 in tournaments and didn't cash any of them. I made up a little bit of the difference in some small cash games I was playing on the side, but it still sucks to blank out. On a better note, my friend Barry took down the 55k for $18,037!!!! NICE. We have this competition going who can get the biggest cash. First it was me 11.4K, then he won a 12K package deal, then I won 14K and now he trumped me with 18K+!!!!! Awesome man!! Now ship me the money you owe me. lol

No comments: