Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Up and Down Session

Put in a 4 hour session or so last night. Started at 7 p.m. with the 109 on Bodog, 109 on Stars, 75 on FT and fired up 2 tables of 2/4NL on the Dog and 2 tables of 2/4NL on FT, so 3 tourneys and 4 cash games. I was doing well in all 3, chipped up to over 10K in each of them (starting stack 3K) but lost a big all in AA vs. 1010, river 10 obv. in the Bodog 109 and bluffed into top top to bubble out. I went broke in the FT 75.00 blind vs. blind where he slowplayed bottom set vs. my top and bottom pairs, which is just unfortunate. I think it was Doyle that said never go broke blind vs. blind and I did which sucks because at the time, we had over 40 BBs each to start the hand. The Stars 109 was going well, up to about 17K-18K when i started raising to steal, hands like A9 and A10 and everytime someone would shove over the top and I was forced to fold. It paid to 45 and I finished 54th. I played bad on the bubble though and deserved to lose. No sense raising if I don't plan on calling a shove. The cash games went well though. I was +400.00 on FT in cash games and on Bodog was running well until I played this big pot here:

Been at table for about 20 minutes, doubled up w/a set vs. an overpair. Villian seems pretty ABC and hasn't shown down much.

Villian(1.2K) limps, folds to Hero(820.00) with AhAc raise to 18.00, folds to Villian who calls.

42.00 Flop: As Qd 9s

Villian Checks, Hero bets 34.00, Villian c/r to 102.00.

Hero....

I didn't really know what to do. I have the nuts right now and he c/red me. I've talked with some people after the hand and they said make it 300.00, but in the actual hand I shoved and he tanked and called with Qs10s, the best drawing hand I could be up against. I think I'm still 65/35 here, but the 8s came on the turn and I didn't fill on the river shipping him the $1650.00 pot. I got the money in good and that's all I can ask for. I grinded some back, but that really brought my spirits down so I just called it a night and went to sleep ending a little down on the night, but not much. I'm happy with my play, so I guess that's all that matters. That's the difference between an even session and a +1650.00 session though....Until next time! Happy Shippings

No comments: