Friday, January 25, 2008

upcoming weekend

I have some high hopes for the weekend as I'm still stuck an assload amount of cash for January, so hopefully we'll be able to report back saying I won a lot. I booked a small win on Wednesday after chasing two fish on some HU tables. One of them I quit after we got 300BBs deep and the other one I finally busted after he was up 3-4 buyins on me. Fucking shortstackers. I played some smallstakes omaha last night with the wife. It's amusing to watch her try to analyze hands because you get 4 cards, but you can only use 2, so she'll say, "oh I have a straight!!" but really it's a 4 card straight because she was using 3 cards instead of just 2. Some guy bought in for 50 bucks, ran it up to like 400 vs. us, then we ended up busting him and having 9 buyins on the table. We got it all in for like a 800BB pot. Pretty fun stuff for small stakes.

We leave for Canada in 12 days and we are both really looking forward to it. I hope we can both run well and pay for the trip + more as well as enjoy the scenery and break away from Florida.

No comments: