Sunday, August 24, 2008

finally ran some numbers

and it makes me want to throw up. :o( I'm stuck 38 thousand dollars over the last 2 months. I've dropped down in stakes and switched back to 6 max after watching some DC training vids. I'm just going to nit it up down here until I recover some money so I can move up again. I've run really really bad lately. Stuff like this:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7776564841: Table Evita (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:43:40 ET - 2008/08/24
Seat 1: chipgoon ($206)
Seat 2: easyemma ($82.85), is sitting out
Seat 3: AllInYanks ($103.50)
Seat 4: kaiser_mg ($78.10)
Seat 5: ChazmichaelM ($361)
Seat 6: Shipitoverhere ($219.75)
kaiser_mg posts the small blind of $1
ChazmichaelM posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Shipitoverhere [Jc Js]
Shipitoverhere raises to $7
chipgoon calls $7
AllInYanks folds
kaiser_mg folds
ChazmichaelM folds
*** FLOP *** [Jd 9h 6d]
Shipitoverhere bets $12
chipgoon raises to $36
chipgoon has 15 seconds left to act
Shipitoverhere has reconnected
Shipitoverhere has 15 seconds left to act
Shipitoverhere raises to $212.75, and is all in
chipgoon calls $163, and is all in
Shipitoverhere shows [Jc Js]
chipgoon shows [Qd Qc]
Uncalled bet of $13.75 returned to Shipitoverhere
*** TURN *** [Jd 9h 6d] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [Jd 9h 6d Td] [8s]
Shipitoverhere shows three of a kind, Jacks
chipgoon shows a straight, Queen high
chipgoon wins the pot ($412) with a straight, Queen high

which is depressing. I'll go up a few buyins and feel good about my game then shrug, it all falls apart....

Good and bad news to report as well... went golfing with my brother and two poker buddies which was nice to get away. Unfortunately my wife took my truck on a business trip and backed into a cop car. :o( women can't drive. I swear. I really don't know how they get cheaper insurance and stuff because they are just awful drivers. all of them. She said he was nice and didn't issue a ticket, however they have to file it with FHP so we'll have to file a claim with insurance which means sky high insurance rates. booo to that....

2 comments:

FreddyJames said...

Hang in there Marc. It's only a matter of time before you're back to winning ways, this just hurts more because the timing sucks. Keep playing goot and you'll be shipping big time very soon I have no doubt.

1234 said...

Freddy basically said what needs to be said..but i agree..i just went through the biggest down swing of my poker life only to end the month ahead w/ 2 decent size scores...just keep at it big guy..