Monday, February 4, 2008

5 figure swings

This weekend was such a grind. Friday I just got killed. At one point I was down 5200.00, but battled back to end down ONLY 3300.00. I woke up with high hopes saturday and quickly went up 1500 on the day and felt pretty good about my play, but then I started to run horrible heads up and dropped like 6 buyins to these complete idiots and of course they leave right after and I don't even get a chance to get the money back. :( So now I'm stuck over 4K again. I battle again all through the night but still end up stuck over 1500.00 before calling it a night. We went to Old Town saturday night which was pretty fun. We watched her brother do this 0-110mph in 2 seconds drag car thing. It was hilarious! But it was 40 bucks for 2 seconds and honestly I can find better things to spend 40.00 on. They had this interactive nascar race thing also were you get in this hydrolic car and race around Nascar tracks. There are 7 or 8 cars racing and if you win you get a free race. I won both times. lol

Then we get to sunday. I'm still stuck on the weekend over 1500.00 and the wife was out shopping for sweaters and clothes and stuff for our upcoming trip, so I had the house to myself. I always think I play better when I'm by myself because I can concentrate and it's quiet. No TV, no radio, just the mouse clicking sounds. Anyway, I bust the 30K early because I suck. I think I shoved 55 into JJ and 77 so no help for me. I satellited into the 256.00 KO Tourney. I play one hand in 1.5 hours and shove QQ into KK and JJ and get no help there either. Such a joke. I've been running so horrible in Full Tilt tourneys. I think I've cashed maybe 1 in the last 50 which is totally ridiculous. So I enter the Bodog 100K 109.00 which has a juicy 35K overlay because only 621 people signed up for it. I get lucky a few times early when I shove 55 into JJ and make a straight, then I get 108 vs. A8 on a 8 high flop and river a 10. Pretty funny because that guy was talking shit all tourney. I cruise into the money, make a few good shoves and double ups. I've always run well in this tourney and have finished in the top 12 probably 10 times, but never won it. 1st is 25K. I make a huge bluff with 11 left and this guy makes this heroic call with middle pair no kicker which killed my stack going into the final table. Long story short, I shove A3 and get called by KJ and with a king on the flop, I'm busted in 8th for 2500.
So I end the weekend +2300 or so a nice 12K swing.

But hey, at least I'm unstuck now!

peace, Mover

No comments: