Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Reflections

So my wife said she didn't want anything for Valentine's Day but I still left a card on the counter and said some nice things in it about how she's #1 and I want to be her valentine forever haha. She's awesome though and my best friend and I love her more each day. That's what a wife should be right? I haven't put in very many hands since we got back on Monday. I put in a small session Tuesday of just some donkey 1/2NL HU - 3 tables and was down 700, then ended +300. Nothing like swinging 5 buyins in an hour lol. I played pretty good though, but don't want to jump right back into the bigger games until I get back in the rhythm of online. I'm still in the donkey live poker world funk.

This weekend is the Daytona 500 which we are going to with my brother and her brother and his wife and her parents as well. I bought them all tickets after a good month for Christmas. They are really a rip off, but Nascar is really fun in person. You walk around all day and drink canned beer after canned beer (preferably miller lite or coors light) and see all these displays and tailgate and stuff. Must be canned beer though because bottled is too high class and you must drink it while in a koozie. It's fun just hanging out walking around and people watching too because there are definitely some characters at Nascar. Redneck fever baby! The tickets are 110.00 face, but I'm dumb so I buy them on Ebay for 175.00 each. That's how we roll right? The cars are super loud and fast and the fighter jets that fly over the track before the race brings you goose bumps and makes the hair on your neck stand up and might even bring a tear to your eye! Bless the troops yo! Traffic blows ass though leaving. 100,000 people headed for one 3-lane road.

As far as other poker goes, gotta give it up for xxxjondxxx who has been a sicko lately winning a 50.00 rebuy for 17K and going deep in the 1K for another 30K you fucking sicko. Teach me?? I haven't done anything in tourneys on Full Tilt and I refuse to give Stars another chance. Bodog is still good though for the weekends but I only play their donkaments on the weekends. They did however announce the Bodog Poker Open which is a series of 250.00 buy in tourneys ending with a 500.00 main event and they are adding 10K to each tourney. It starts in early March. I haven't played any of the FTOPS events. NONE!! Maybe I'll donk around in the 100 rebuy omaha event. I dunno. I guess that's it for now.

No comments: