Monday, February 25, 2008

when things don't go your way

I got hammered yesterday bowling and dinner with the wife, so wtf was I doing playing, but whatever.... There's this donkey named nightshift on Full Tilt that I've logged a tons of hands against. I have no idea if he's a winner or not. He lives and dies by his draws. So after 10 or so delicious blue moons, I fire up a HU table and he sits and asks to run more tables. We get 3 tables going against each other and he sucks out left and right like this:
FullTiltPoker Game #5389976052: Table Nido (heads up) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:11:25 ET - 2008/02/24
Seat 1: N1ght__Shift ($1,445.25)
Seat 2: Shipitoverhere ($727.50)
N1ght__Shift posts the small blind of $2
Shipitoverhere posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Shipitoverhere [Kh Kc]
N1ght__Shift raises to $12
Shipitoverhere raises to $36
N1ght__Shift calls $24
*** FLOP *** [2h 4d Jd]
Shipitoverhere bets $56
N1ght__Shift raises to $240
Shipitoverhere raises to $691.50, and is all in
N1ght__Shift calls $451.50
Shipitoverhere shows [Kh Kc]
N1ght__Shift shows [8d Kd]
*** TURN *** [2h 4d Jd] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [2h 4d Jd Qd] [7h]
Shipitoverhere shows a pair of Kings
N1ght__Shift shows a flush, King high
N1ght__Shift wins the pot ($1,454.50) with a flush, King high
Shipitoverhere is sitting out
Shipitoverhere: so fu.cking bad
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,455 | Rake $0.50
Board: [2h 4d Jd Qd 7h]
Seat 1: N1ght__Shift (small blind) showed [8d Kd] and won ($1,454.50) with a flush, King high
Seat 2: Shipitoverhere (big blind) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings

I get some back and I think I ended down a few hundred to him, but I'm not really sure. I can definitely beat him as all he does is shove shove shove flush and straight draws. I played bad vs. him + I was drunk and still almost broke even so I know I can clean him out sober. Hopefully I get the opportunity to soon.

On another note, my wife got me a present the other day. It's Rounders on DVD lol. She's the greatest ever. We watched it together and laughed our asses off.

No comments: