Friday, February 15, 2008

Interesting Hand

I'm still getting back into the swing of things for online. I was waiting for the wife to come home before we headed over to her parents for dinner and this interesting hand came up. A few friends said they wants me to analyze and post more hands and give him some free lessons. Well here you go. My normal game is now 2/4 - 5/10NL, but I'm still a little rusty from being away for a while, so I was donking around at 1/2NL HU.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $247.50
Hero (BB): $872.25

Pre-Flop: Kh Ts dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $6, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($12) Kd Js Td (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB bets $10, Hero raises to $35, SB calls $25

Turn: ($82) 7c (2 Players)
Hero bets $75, SB calls $75

River: ($232) Qs (2 Players)
Hero shoves

I posted this hand on twoplustwo and the correct line is actually check/call as it lets him bluff a ton of missed draws. I'm really only getting called by a hand that beats me with the exception of maybe some heroic call by QJ, but QJ would probably raise the flop and get it in. I use to take the line of check/fold, but after analyzing the hand, he really can't show up with anything there because AJ/A10 would dump the turn and a lone Ad would dump the turn as well as the 7c is a real brick. He folded his hand, but I really think there's more value in check/calling this as his shove would be for 130.00ish making the pot 390.00 giving us more than 3:1 on our money and I think we are good here more than 33% of the time to make the call profitable especially if he's bluffing!!

I played a 2/4NL HU match vs. this animal where I went up 800 on him, then he got 2 buyins back on some wack ass draw, then I ended up making a sick call with 4/6off on a 2 3 6 9 J board when no flush got there. He bet 140.00 into 210.00 and I instacalled for the almost $500.00 pot and scooped. Ended the day +1050.00 or so. Not bad for only 2 or so. Played a 75.00 45 person tourney, but shoved 55 into KK and finished 9th when 6 pay.

2 comments:

The Miz said...

Hi Marc, how much do you normally buy in for in a HU NL match? 100xBB? Is there a rule of thumb?

People_Mover said...

dude, MAX YO ALWAYS!!