Friday, February 22, 2008

Mover's HU hand of the week

This is from my post on twoplustwo because I thought this hand was very interesting.

been playing for probably 1.5 hours. I'm not going to give Villians name because he's pretty awful - big calling station. He stacked me twice QQ vs. 1010 all in pre and then my KQ on KJx flop vs. his AJ, river J obv., but I'm rolling back and have the momentum now. We're talking A LOT of sh.it to each other and 3 betting a lot and calling down light. He's pretty straight forward though, doesn't bluff much, just basically check/calls a lot and picks off my bluffs so whatever... anyway. First is my line okay? River??

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $945
Hero (BB): $653.50

Pre-Flop: 9s Qs dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $12, Hero raises to $36, SB calls $24

Flop: ($72) As Ts 6c (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($72) Ks (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB bets $56, Hero raises to $160, SB calls $104

River: ($392) Kc (2 Players)

Hero...

I have like 450.00 left and the pot is 400.00. Some people said shove, but I certainly want to get paid off by a King/Ace or even a smaller flush. I ended up betting like 364.00 I think and he instacalled with Js5s, so it was a cooler hand and I won a nice pot of 1100.00+. He was up a lot on me earlier, so it was nice to take down this pot.

After my horrid drunk 13K donk off, I'm happy to say it's 100% recovered + more. :o) I've been comfortably playing 5/10 FR on Bodog and still 2/4 HU on FT. I might try and take another shot at 3/6NL HU now that I'm rolled for it on Full Tilt and hopefully I'll run better than I have in the past when moving up.

My wife got some surgery yesterday so I had to get up at 4 am to take her to the hospital. I brought my computer with me and played poker in the waiting room. There was this older lady watching which was pretty funny. She's like "are you winning?" with this big curiousity smirk on her face. "up a little bit" I told her and smiled. Then my wife's surgery was over and the doc came over and looked at my laptop and said, "wow, cool!" haha Everything worked out well though and made a few hundred in the waiting room. Also took down a 45 person 75.00 donkament on Full Tilt for 1179.00 last night as well after bricking the 32K and 14K bounty. Probably not going to play any majors this weekend as it's my nieces 2 year old birthday and we rock the moonwalk at my sister's house and basically drink all day. Should be fun!

Peace, Mover.

No comments: