Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back from Canada

Back from Canada, eh? Had a great time w/the wife. Cold brrrrr, but fun to see some snow and the sites and play a lot of B&M poker. I ran like shit at 5/10NL, but ran well at 5/5NL. Wish it was the other way around, but oh well. I built 500 into 2800+ at one time. This mountain of chips and bills in front. I wish I could have played 5/10 the whole time, but I didn't bring enough money with me. I got stuck pretty quick after I shoved JJ on a 10 7 3 3 board and the other guy flips 77, river another 7. I could have gotten away I think, but everyone was stacking off with top pair I really thought I was good there. He bet 300 on the turn and I shoved for like 800 more or something and didn't even here him say call. the dealer just burned and turned another 7 and the douchebag slowrolls over 77 for quads. I just couldn't get it together at 5/10. The first day though my wife sat with me at 5/5NL 500 max. She didn't want 500, so I gave her 300 to start out. She gets bored pretty easily, but handles herself pretty well at the 1/2NL home game we go to sometimes for fun. Like the 5th hand, someone raises to 15.00 and my wife reraises to 35 and the initial raiser calls. Flop is Q 10 7 and he checks, my wife bets 50.00, he makes it 125.00 and she calls. turn is like a 2 or something and he puts her in and she instacalls with KK and holds vs. AQ. She won another decent pot too and cashed out like 850ish in like 2 hours worth of play lol. I cashed out +480.00 for the session putting us on top 1K on the short session.

Poker is easy. Then I donk off a lot at 5/10NL, I just ran super bad. one limper, I raise to 50 with KQ, flop KQ9, I bet 70, he c/r to 250 and I put him in for his last 600 something and he instacalls and smashes KJ on the table. turn brick, river 10 obv. :o( "I was committed he said" live players are so f-ing bad.

The next day I'm in the BB with A2, check my option, flop A 2 6. I check, some guy bets 15.00 into 30.00, I c/r to 55.00 and he shoves like 500 something and I call and he has A7, turn 7. meh. standard I guess?

Fortunately on our last day, I ran well at 5/5NL 500 max and ran my stack up to 1500, then back down to 500, then back up to 2800.00 and cashed out like 2200.00 I think. Still stuck on the trip, but it was nice to get some back. I played a few hands bad, but overall, live players suck and call too much.

I posted some pics on my myspace page www.myspace.com/xpeoplemoverx if you want to check them out.

No comments: