Monday, March 31, 2008

All day Saturday play + sucky Sundays

I didn't really feel like playing online Friday, so the wife and I went to a local home game to hang out and play some. The rake is decent for live and it's a bunch of pocketfivers playing 1/2NL 300 max trying to outbluff each other with 3 or 4 fish at the table. They run 2 tables and provide all the beer you can drink and food you can eat + it's really safe as well. I lost a huge pot (well, huge for this game) getting all in with 6s4s on a 3d5d7h board. It went, me bet 20, flat call, fish raise to 55.00, I raise 175.00, all in, all in, then of course me all in too. BB had 10d9d and other dude 77, 3 ball on the turn and he scoops. he was all fist pumping and shit saying sorry people_mover. haha I laughed it up reloaded, built up to 800 something, then bluffed most of it all away to Roothlus2 (Roothlus' little brother) Did I mention that tourney players are horrible at deep stack poker? Yeah anyway...we quit the game at like 5 am stuck a few hundred, but whatever.

Saturday the wife went to some scrapbook expo with her mom and sister. I gotta admit the wife is pretty creative and makes these cool scrapbooks about all sorts of memories like cruises or vacations we've taken, parties, wedding stuff, etc... So that left me to play all day by myself and that's what I did. Long story short, I ended +$6605.00 in cash games (mostly HU) shipping it all over the place. Down a few hundred in tourneys, but that's pretty standard. I had HUGE swings vs. TaiwanStyle with him going buying in for 600.00, running it up to 3500.00, then I took it all back and ended with 4500.00 on the table to his zero. lol It was a nasty nasty battle. I'll try to dig up a hand or two vs. him. He's a super aggro LAG that isn't afraid to pot pot pot on a bluff. I made some great calls with 2nd and 3rd pair and my reads were really good. I'm really happy with the way I'm playing.

Sunday was pretty typical. Buy in to a bunch of tourney and don't cash any of them. :o( I lost a big flip early in the 30K JJ vs. QK which crippled me, then the 100K I lost AQ vs. KK and in the Brawl I chipped up well, but I called a raise with AdQs in the BB and the flop was all low diamond cards, so I c/red all in on the flop and he snap called with KdKc and I bricked. I didn't play the 750K or Mulligan, however RoothlusJr got 7th in the 750K for 18K, so good for him. Tomorrow is April Fools day... I don't really have any stunts to pull, but maybe I'll think of something....Oh, I ended down a little bit yesterday i think, but still a great weekend for the pokers!

No comments: