Thursday, April 10, 2008

blah - money

Didn't play yesterday because it was softball day. I even went to the batting cages beforehand and still sucked it up. :o( We were winning 11-1 in the 2nd inning and ended up losing 17-14. Very disappointing because we were playing a bunch of thugs who were talking mad smack to us and everything too. Whatever though....

I got my updated 401K statement in the mail today. I've lost 9.2% this year even though I'm still contributing to it. wtf? Shows that the whole market sucks donkeys right now. Hopefully things turn around soon. What's even more terrible is the housing market. I mean, it hasn't fallen completely on it's face, but it's pretty close to rock bottom. When we bought our house 18 months ago, it was the peak of the market and we paid 257K for it (new construction) and now the sign at the front of the neighborhood says "from the 170s" which is really disheartening. If we break even on this house it would be a miracle, but fortunately we have money from the other house sale + poker monies if all else fails.

I'd honestly love to buy another house, but it's too risky at this time + if the wife gets pregnant, we'll only have 1 income rolling in as she plans to take a lot of time off work which I support.

I think I'm going to play some golf on Saturday with the wife's brother. Rates are insanely high right now. We might go check out this new bar at City Walk that's called Rising Star. Basically it's a high class baller karaoke bar, but there's a live band that plays behind you. Pretty sick set up. We'll see though.

Peace out,

Mover

No comments: