Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spilling the insides of me.

probably tl;dr....

It's hard just talking to my blog and my wife about what I think about. I'm 27 and have a great life. I've been with the same company since I was 16 and make a measly 40K which is just okay money for a Floridian I suppose. There is no where else to move up and I will never make anymore money in this place. My 2 bosses are nice people, but then it's me and everyone below me and I hate them all. I found poker 3-4 years ago and picked up on it quite nicely and have moved up limits pretty quickly all while withdrawing nice sums of money and paying off lots of things and buying lots of nice things along the way. My wife is very supportive of poker (and enjoys playing .25/.50 as well!) which is awesome. We have no children, but look to start a family soon.

I made over 70K last year playing poker and I'm currently +70K this year which is just disgusting when you think about it. Poker has been a great blessing as we have zero debt, drive nice new trucks that are paid off and have zero credit card debt. Life is good. I've never said "no" to my wife about buying a new outfit or wanting to send her little sister something extra for her birthday or christmas. We take nice vacations and pay cash for them.

We have money in the bank (50K) and I have an online roll of 80K right now and play 5/10NL. But what is the problem???? I'm miserable at my day job. It's property management and I hate getting up at 7:30 or 8:00 to drive an hour to work, battle through traffic, just so I can sign on to my office computer and read up on NVG or BBV. I do what I have to do to get a paycheck, however I'm more interested in reading hands and taking different lines or who's winning and losing these days. I tell my wife this and she says, "so quit.", but what is holding me back? Does anyone else feel like this? I hit the door running at 5 p.m. just so I can make it home in time for the turbo 200 on Full Tilt. I play from 6 - 7:30p.m. until my wife gets home. She'll say, "how's it going today?" I'm always open and honest with her, "+2K, stuck 5K" whatever the answer is. So getting back to going "pro",

We won't be able to survive on just her pay and sometimes I think the pressure would be too much. Absolutely HAVING to make money to pay bills rather than having a "cushion" as my father says. My family has always been very supportive of my poker playing and my father always tells me how proud of me he is. When I mentioned to him I was really close to quitting my real job, he exploded and said you have to keep your cushion and leave poker as your bread and butter. The next day he sent me an e-mail and said I am a grown man and do what I think is best and he will support me no matter what. Poker does not bore me (although maybe it will doing it for a living?)

I've worked hard at putting in hands to build both our bank accounts and poker accounts and it's time to take the plunge... or is it?

Someone give me some advice. :(

1 comment:

Vikesfan353 said...

Your smart enough to land on your feet no matter what you do. If your job is a PITA move on. You can always find another job making 40k!!!
Invest, save, use good BR management and you'll be fine.
Don't be scared to take the next step.
Vikes