Friday, April 11, 2008

Interesting Hand

Thought this hand was interesting to post. I've been playing 5/10NL lately and results are good.

Villian is SmartLag - I know who he is, but I doubt he knows who I am as I primarily play HU and have just started playing 6 max again and just moved up to 5/10NL. For all he knows, I'm a fish lol. His standard open is 40.00 while most is 30.00 or 35.00 so I decide to play it super passive. Should I be raising somewhere? Play it the same vs. an aggro like him?

Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
The Official [url=http://www.deucescracked.com/?referrer=converter_dc]DeucesCracked.com[/url] Hand History [url=http://www.thehandconverter.com]Converter[/url]

[b]UTG: $3357.50[/b]
CO: $1000.00
BTN: $1000.00
[b]Hero (SB): $2234.00[/b]
BB: $335.00

[b]Pre Flop:[/b] Hero is SB with Q :heart: Q :club:
[color=red]UTG raises to $40[/color], [i]2 folds[/i], Hero calls $35, [i]1 fold[/i]

[b]Flop:[/b] ($90.00) T :club: J :diamond: 4 :club: [color=#336633](2 players)[/color]
Hero checks, [color=red]UTG bets $70[/color], Hero calls $70

[b]Turn:[/b] ($230.00) 5 :diamond: [color=#336633](2 players)[/color]
Hero checks, [color=red]UTG bets $205[/color], Hero calls $205

[b]River:[/b] ($640.00) Q :spade: [color=#336633](2 players)[/color]
Hero checks, [color=red]UTG bets $475[/color], Hero calls $475

3 comments:

Mitchell Cogert said...

Marc:

I couldn't find your email, so sorry I'm contacting you this way...I am writing a No-Limit poker book called Tournament Poker: 101 Winning Moves for beginning and intermediate level poker players and I wanted to see if you'd like to provide comments before the book is released on May 1st.

The reason I'm contacting you is that you play the game and you will have a good idea if it is helpful.

The reason I wrote the book is not because there is not enough information on how to play the game, but because the information is scattered throughout a gazillion books, articles, forums, etc. I wanted one place for the top moves and I'm hoping this book will provide help for players.

If you are interested I can email you the pdf. Please let me know.

The site is www.apokerexpert.com.

Thanks,
Mitchell

Randy said...

I'm a cash donk, but why check/call the river? Do you give him enough credit that he'd fold anything up to and including JJJ in that spot? I would think you're crushing his range here.

People_Mover said...

AcKc and AdKd is still a possibility and I don't want to stack off 200+BBs without the nuts here. He had Ad2d for busted everything so it worked out okay anyway. :oP